Explore Wildwood Lakefront Cottages and Surrounding Bellingham Areas
Wildwood Lakefront Cottages is undoubtedly a destination where families come to create summertime cottage memories on Lake Whatcom, but the areas surrounding Wildwood Lakefront Cottages are also filled with fun and exciting things to experience. Bellingham, Washington, just minutes from Wildwood Lakefront Cottages and the surrounding Washington area are a great start. Whether you prefer mountain biking on the nearby trails, hiking to a quiet lake, or enjoying one of the many neighbouring restaurants there’s definitely something close by for everyone.
To make your decision making process easier, we’ve complied two lists of our top picks when it comes to activities and eats in the Wildwood Lakefront Cottages and Bellingham, Washington areas. Enjoy!
Top 5 things to do near Wildwood:
- Samish Overlook: Samish Overlook is a part of the Blanchard Forest just south of Bellingham, with stunning views of the San Juan Islands. Drive up to enjoy the view or have fun hiking the 1.9-mile Chuckanut Trail.
- Galbraith Mtn biking: Galbraith mountain is a world class mountain destination located within riding distance of downtown Bellingham. The mountain boasts over 50 miles of singletrack winding through over 3000 acres overlooking the city and Bellingham Bay. Check out the extensive trail system here.
- Sudden Valley Golf Course: Located on Lake Whatcom, Sudden Valley is the premier golf destination in Bellingham. It is considered a true masterpiece, stressing finesse and accuracy with water hazards on fourteen of the eighteen holes.
- Stinson Family Preserve & Squires Lake Trail: Perfect for a short family hike, The Stinson Family Nature Reserve offers 4 miles of trails through a beautiful forest setting. Walk through an old-growth forest, including Douglas Fir trees over 400 years old!
- The Interurban Trail: Located in Bellingham, this trail offers spectacular views across Bellingham Bay to the San Juan Islands. This trail has proven to be a favorite among walkers, runners, bikers and equestrians. Find out more here.
Top 5 places to eat near Wildwood Lakefront Cottages
- El Agave: You’ll find El Agave at the Sudden Valley Golf Course which offers fresh, authentic Mexican food in a comfortable family environment. Plus, it’s just a six minute drive from Wildwood.
- The Fork at Agate Bay: Their house-made seasonal menu is devoted to thoughtfully sourcing local ingredients, and reviving simple, scratch-kitchen classics with a new twist. They also provide private dining and parties – perfect for a family gathering.
- Keenan’s at the Pier: Located at Chrysalis Inn in south Bellingham, Keenan’s features fresh local northwest cuisine. While you’re eating you’ll enjoy stunning panoramic views of the surrounding Bellingham and San Juan Islands.
- Anthony’s Hearthfire Grill: Offering guests premier Northwest designer beef and fresh Northwest seafood, this high-energy restaurant specializes in hearthfire cooking. Check out their delicious menu here.
- The Oyster Bar on Chuckanut Drive: The seasonally inspired menu features a variety of fresh seafood, steak, and vegetarian dishes with locally sourced produce and an award-winning wine list to pair.
Do you have a favourite activity or restaurant in the area? Please be sure to share with us on our Wildwood Lakefront Cottages Facebook page.
Also, If you happen to be out exploring in our neck of the woods this weekend, feel free to pop into our Open House from 10am to 4pm this Saturday. Come tour our display models and sign-in to WIN a free 2 night stay for two! (oh yeah… and did we mention ice-cream!). If you have any questions, plase contact Jan Hensen at at 1.855.525.3990 or email: email@example.com