For Summer Fun!
Just for Summer
Looking for something to do this summer outside of all the fun at Wildwood, check out what Bellingham and surrounding areas have to offer!
Get local produce, gifts, and more at the many markets around the County. Here is the list of local farmers markets around Whatcom County
- Bellingham Farmers’ Market on Saturdays is the largest market in the area with locally produced delights sure to please the visitor.
- There is also the Wednesday afternoon Fairhaven Market
- Saturday Blaine Gardeners Market
- Sunday evening Ferndale Public Market
- Saturday Lummi Island Farmers Market
- Thursday afternoon Lynden Farmers Market.
- Get a walking tour of downtown Bellingham and Fairhaven with The Goodtime Girls
- Sin & Gin Tour – of Downtown Bellingham or Fairhaven
- Holly History Tour – Downtown Only
- (They also have a tour for Halloween too, called Gore & Lore tour of Downtown and Fairhaven.)
- The far northwest corner of the continental U.S. participated in active frontier life in the late 1800s and early 1900s, and still lives close to its roots.
- Early salmon fishing at the Alaska Packers Association Museum on Semiahmoo Spit in Blaine (Fri – Sun, 1 – 5 pm)
- The Drayton Harbor Maritime Society in Blaine also operates the 17-passenger Historic Plover as a foot ferry and tour of the local waters between Blaine Harbor and Semiahmoo Spit each summer from Memorial Day in May to Labor Day in September (Fri/Sat, noon – 8 pm, Sun 10 am – 6 pm).
Go Kart Racing
- Miniature World Family Fun Centernear Birch Bay has Kidz Karts and racing carts, a miniature train ride, petting zoo and miniature golf
- Sumas International Motorsport Academy is a world class racing facility featuring kart rentals, kart racing, and lessons for any occasion.
Birch Bay Waterslides – Take the kids for some fun at the water park! This five-acre park features 9 slides, a large whirlpool, 4-foot deep kids activity pool and a small kiddies area, along with hot showers, a pizza restaurant, full concessions, covered picnic areas, locker rentals, life jacket rentals and lounging chairs.
Take them out to the ball game!
Get the most out of your summer months by going to the ballpark and cheering on Bellingham’s baseball team – The Bellingham Bells.
On Wednesday evenings, Bellingham turns into a live music venue.
- Downtown Sounds program hosts a concert every evening from July to August
- Come down and enjoy what downtown has to offer with a great soundtrack in the background
- On Saturday evenings, bring your blankets to the Village Green for the Fairhaven Outdoor Cinema featuring live music, followed by a great outdoor movie
Get out on the water
- San Juan Cruises offers daily whale watching
- As well as Wednesday evening beer tasting cruises
- Thursday evening wine tasting cruises
- Friday and Saturday evening cracked crab dinner cruises
- Sunday bird watching or picnic cruises to Sucia Island
- Island Mariner also offers daily whale watching
- a beer and brats evening cruise on Wednesday and Friday nights
- The Bellingham Bay Sunset History Cruise with the Whatcom Museum on Thursday evenings
- Schooner Zodiac offers multi-day cruises as well as Friday night salmon dinner sails, with an opportunity to assist in sailing maneuvers.
Disc Golf – Cornwall Park has the largest course in Whatcom County, offering a 9-basket disc golf course. The tees are located throughout the trees and maps are available in the park or at the Visitor Center. There is also a course in Vanderyacht Park, Ferndale and in Patterson Park Lynden.